Clinton Gormley wrote:
I'm not sure what you're suggesting. The first few pages of "cache" on CPAN have some modules for caching data in memory and on disk and so forth, but I don't see how they relate to my problem.

Which is that of notifying all of my application's perl processes when an update has been performed on a table in a database, without having them access the database to determine this on their own.

My personal favourite is Cache::Memcached, but that's only relevant if
you have more than one web server.  If not, the file based caches are
the fastest (or you could try looking at SQLite or Cache::BerkleyDB or
even a memory table in MySQL, but on a different DB server)

Memcached sounds like a good idea. I could cache the update timestamps and compare them on each run.

I guess I wasn't thinking about "cache" the right way around.

Thanks!

Colin