Hi Marcel,

Marcel Greter wrote:
I can only tell why myHandler::myFunction () is working.
I think you export the myFunction in Module myOwnFunctions.
I assume you didn't post that part of the code?

Ah, yes -- I didn't think that was doing it but yes, I also have:

require Exporter;

our @ISA = qw (Exporter);
our @EXPORT = qw (myFunction);
our @EXPORT_OK = qw (myFunction);

Therefore myFunction is also accessible within the namespace myHandler,
and therefore the second version is working as I would expect.

But I cannot tell you why myOwnFunctions::myFunction itself is not working.

Hmmm, I see.

Is there any problem if I continue with myHandler::myFunction () for now? Maybe later on, I will figure out what is wrong...perhaps some other silly mistake that I also didn't post? I will continue investigating...

As someone new to Mason and modperl, what is the correct way of doing this? i.e., the correct practice? Should myOwnFunctions be exporting? More importantly, should I do this:

use lib 'my Path';
use myOwnFunctions;  ##  Located in "my Path"

I thought by doing so, it loads myOwnFunctions once per process. But I'm having doubts about whether what I'm doing makes any sense... :-)

Thank you!

Ray