Hi there,

I normally don't borge into a thread like this since I am not an active user of
mod_perl.

But have you noticed how cheap memory is these days? You can set up a dual 64
bit processers server with 4Gig bytes of memory and set up 10 VM on the same
machine. It is extremely fast and efficient, and much easy to manage.

All these VM virtualization technology is driving the cost of ownership down
tremendously. And then each application runs faster because each has its own VM
and a fix partition of memory. Why make software scalable while you can scale
using cheap hardware and virtualization? Then you can deploy simply and
primitive systems built by outsourced global development centers on these new
hardware platforms.

The playground may be changing very rapidly for developing scalable software. I
also used `curl -I` to look at what webserver amazon is running on. It's
neither IIS nor Apache because the response didn't provide any specific server
ID.

They may be tomcat. Can someone tell what system components are they using? Oh
well.

- Clement