J. Peng wrote:
Do you mean mod_rewrite for the trick?
yes with mod_rewrite people can rewrite:
 http://example.com/archive/news/2008/02/29/index.html
to something like:
 http://example.com/archive/news?object=/2008/02/29/index.html

so here /archive/news is filename and /2008/02/29/index.html is path_info,is it?
But in this case we don't need to guess the path_info from filename,
just saying $r->param() can get the arguments,:)

No, that's not what I meant and I also wasn't aware of mod_rewrite.  :-)

Might I make a suggestion? It seems this discussion has moved quite beyond the original subject. This (in my humble opinion) is not something you learn in a day. Well, I certainly didn't. I think you'll pick it up in time and one starting point is to write some sample code and try things out...

Ray