Ronald Dai. wrote:
I learned what is RTFM here which is very interesting :)...I like the
 Ubuntu Forums policy though...but I always think reading is helpful
to any developer...that's why I like both perl and java because I
think they are very well documented generously somewhere within my
reach on the net....

Learning how to effectively RTFM is an essential skill for anyone, in any walk of life, in any industry.

IMHO, the Ubuntu policy is too fluffy. People will never learn to think for themselves if their hands are held all the time. Then again, that's sort of Ubuntu's market these days, I guess.

I've been telling people to RTFM for a long time, and I've never known anyone to become a worse developer or user for it.

Colin