Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:

> The mod_perl 2.0.4 release candidate 1 "Works with Perl 5.10" is
> ready. It can be downloaded here:
>
> http://www.apache.org/~gozer/mp2/mod_perl-2.0.4-rc1.tar.gz

Hi,

I can report that the test suite passes on current Debian unstable with
both Perl 5.8.8 and 5.10.0.

However, with 5.10.0, the Apache2 server crashes on shutdown after the
test suite with a segmentation fault, which goes unnoticed by the build
system. The crash can be reproduced by running just two tests:

./t/TEST t/api/content_encoding.t t/modules/apache_status.t

This is a bug in Perl itself, it can be reduced to

 #!/usr/bin/perl -w
 use Compress::Zlib;
 use Devel::Symdump;
 print Devel::Symdump->isa_tree;
 __END__

which crashes for me on Perl 5.10.0 but not 5.8.8.

More details can be found at

 http://rt.perl.org/rt3/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=52740

There's probably nothing mod_perl2 can or should do about this, but
I thought you'd want to know :)

Cheers,
--
Niko Tyni   [EMAIL PROTECTED]