On Tue 15 Apr 2008, Mark Blackman wrote:
> While I did find Torsten Förtsch's very useful Perl::AfterFork
> module, surely the
> mod_perl code must be doing something like this itself, no?
>
> I'd be grateful to understand mod_perl's response to Perl's
> pid caching is, given that forking *will* happen in the mod_perl
> environment.

There was/is a problem in mp1 that it did/does not reinitialize $$ and
getppid(). With mp2 I haven't seen this before.

But I have heard of pid caching inside C libraries. Maybe if you compile
modperl with another lib than apache. Then the apache lib caches and
reinitializes the pid in one place but modperl uses the other lib.

If you run linux you can have a look at /proc/PID/maps or /proc/pid/smaps. At
least shared libs are shown there.

Torsten

--
Need professional mod_perl support?