Hi folks,

I can't seem to find a way to retrieve the inbound port number during requests.

I have a server listening on multiple ports, and need to know which one the request came in on. Here's the setup:

apache config:
   Listen 127.0.0.1:81
   Listen 127.0.0.1:82
   NameVirtualHost *:*
   <VirtualHost *:*>
   </VirtualHost>

The underlying reason for this is that I have a reverse proxy in front of it, which proxies HTTP and HTTPS requests. The back-end needs to create self-referencing URLs but cannot tell if it's HTTP or HTTPS, so I decided to direct HTTP to port 81 and HTTPS to port 82. I'd prefer to do it by adding a request header so if someone knows a way to do that please let me know!

cheers
John