On Wed 23 Apr 2008, John ORourke wrote:
> The underlying reason for this is that I have a reverse proxy in front
> of it, which proxies HTTP and HTTPS requests.  The back-end needs to
> create self-referencing URLs but cannot tell if it's HTTP or HTTPS, so I
> decided to direct HTTP to port 81 and HTTPS to port 82.  I'd prefer to
> do it by adding a request header so if someone knows a way to do that
> please let me know!

If mod_perl is enabled on the proxy you can simply add something to
$r->headers_in prior to the response phase. It will be transmitted to the
backend.

Otherwise if you have mod_headers you can use the RequestHeader directive. The
SSL enabled vhost sets a custom header to one value the other vhost to
another. You must set it in both cases or someone can send that header to the
proxy and it will be forwarded to the backend.

Torsten

--
Need professional mod_perl support?
Just hire me: [EMAIL PROTECTED]