On 5/29/08, Fred Moyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> william wrote:
>
> > On 5/29/08, Perrin Harkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 3:33 AM, william <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > I put the following lines at the top of my startup.pl script
> > use APR::Pool (); #specific for mod_perl 2
> > use Apache::DB ();
> > Apache::DB->init();
> >

>  Can you show us the part of httpd.conf where you call startup.pl?
>
>  I always place my debugger calls before any other modules load, usually
> right after mod_perl.so is loaded.

Thanks for the prompt reply, here it is.

/etc/apache2/httpd.conf

<Directory /var/www/cgi-bin>
           Options +ExecCGI
           AddHandler cgi-script cgi pl
</Directory>

ServerName localhost

# Alias /modperl/ /var/www/modperl/

# <IfDefine PERLDB>
# <Perl>
#      use APR::Pool ();
#       use Apache::DB ();
#       Apache::DB->init;

#       warn "PERLDB executed";
#     </Perl>
#     <Location /modperl/>
#       PerlFixupHandler Apache::DB
#     </Location>
# </IfDefine>

#The startup script
PerlRequire '/var/www/modperl/Apache2/startup.pl'

/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default

NameVirtualHost *
<VirtualHost *>
        ServerAdmin [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        ServerName localhost
        DocumentRoot /var/www/

        <Directory /var/www/>
                AllowOverride None
                Order allow,deny
                allow from all
        </Directory>

Alias /modperl/ /var/www/modperl/

PerlModule ModPerl::RegistryPrefork
<Location /modperl/>
      PerlFixupHandler Apache::DB
      SetHandler perl-script
      PerlResponseHandler ModPerl::RegistryPrefork
      PerlOptions +ParseHeaders
      Options +ExecCGI
      Order allow,deny
      Allow from all
</Location>

        ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/error.log

        # alert, emerg.
        LogLevel warn

        CustomLog /var/log/apache2/access.log combined
        ServerSignature On

    Alias /doc/ "/usr/share/doc/"
    <Directory "/usr/share/doc/">
        Options Indexes MultiViews FollowSymLinks
        AllowOverride None
        Order deny,allow
        Deny from all
        Allow from 127.0.0.0/255.0.0.0 ::1/128