william wrote:
On 5/29/08, william <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 5/29/08, Fred Moyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 > william wrote:
 >
 > > On 5/29/08, Perrin Harkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 > >
 > > > On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 3:33 AM, william <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 > > >
 > > I put the following lines at the top of my startup.pl script
 > > use APR::Pool (); #specific for mod_perl 2
 > > use Apache::DB ();
 > > Apache::DB->init();
 > >

 >  Can you show us the part of httpd.conf where you call startup.pl?
 >
 >  I always place my debugger calls before any other modules load, usually
 > right after mod_perl.so is loaded.

Thanks for the prompt reply, here it is.

 /etc/apache2/httpd.conf

 <Directory /var/www/cgi-bin>
           Options +ExecCGI
           AddHandler cgi-script cgi pl
 </Directory>

 ServerName localhost

 # Alias /modperl/ /var/www/modperl/

 # <IfDefine PERLDB>
 # <Perl>
 #      use APR::Pool ();
 #       use Apache::DB ();
 #       Apache::DB->init;

 #       warn "PERLDB executed";
 #     </Perl>
 #     <Location /modperl/>
 #       PerlFixupHandler Apache::DB
 #     </Location>
 # </IfDefine>

 #The startup script
 PerlRequire '/var/www/modperl/Apache2/startup.pl'

I didn't see a LodModule directive in there anywhere - do you have a line like 'LoadModule perl_module modules/mod_perl.so'?

It looked like you were using mod_perl2, so it is very likely that you have that line in there somewhere (I don't know of anyone who has done a static build with mp2.

hello, I am still looking for solution. When command
sudo apache2 -X  -k restart
The debugger would immediately startup at this shell ?

The debugger will start once the first request to the server is made.