On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 5:49 AM, Tobias Kremer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> After de-installing the latest (self-rolled) DBI and DBD::mysql modules and
> installing the corresponding packages provided by Ubuntu (libdbd-mysql-perl
> and
> libdbi-perl) the segfaults are gone.

It sound like this is a problem with the new DBD::mysql then, rather
than Apache::DBI.  If you want to determine that the problem is the
version and not your compile options, you can compile the Ubuntu
versions yourself and see if they segfault.

Another possibility here is that although Apache::DBI doesn't cache
the connections, your code does.  If you put them in globals or
closures during startup and try to use them later, I would expect
segfaults.

- Perrin