Quoting Tobias Kremer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> On 25.06.2008, at 20:58, Amiri Barksdale wrote:
> > I had big trouble with DBD::mysql 4.007. I didn't get rid of my
> > segfault problem running mod_perl 1.31 until I went back to 4.004.
>
> Thanx. It really looks a lot like my problem:
>
> http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=36810
>
> I'll try reverting to an earlier version of DBD::mysql.

The latest DBD::mysql really seems to be the culprit. Even on a freshly
installed Ubuntu 8.04 with the stock Perl 5.8.8 but self-compiled MySQL
5.0.51a, Apache 1.3.41, mod_perl 1.30, DBI 1.605 and DBD 4.0007 I'm getting
segmentation faults. After installing DBD 4.0004 everything works fine. Of
course, I made sure that the correct MySQL library was linked.

I can't understand what 4.0007 is still doing on CPAN as the most recent
version. But maybe this still is an Ubuntu and/or MP1 related thing - even with
most components rolled by myself ...

Now if I could just get rid of those annoying random "Commands out of sync" and
"Lost connection to MySQL server during query" errors that happen once in a
while ...

--Tobias