--- On Wed, 8/20/08, Brett Randall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> From: Brett Randall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: Unable to get PerlAuthenHandler to work in mp2
> To: "Perrin Harkins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Cc: modperl@perl.apache.org
> Date: Wednesday, August 20, 2008, 3:42 PM
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 3:03 AM, Brett Randall
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> I'm trying to get PerlAuthenHandler to work
> but when I go to a URL
> >> that I've set it up on, it asks for a username
> and password and then
> >> lets me in no matter what I type.
>
> > Have you debugged this code to figure out which line
> it returns on?
>
> I was wondering about debugging... I'll probably do the
> good old open a
> file, write to it after each line, and see where it stops
> writing - but
> for future reference, is there a better way to debug
> PerlAuthenHandlers?

Try adding "warn $msg" statements (instead of printing to a file).

Perl's "warn" function prints to STDERR, which is usually appended to the web
server's errors log.  To read the errors as they are printed, do the following
(provided you have shell access on your server, and it's running on some kind
of Unix/Linux system):

tail -f /var/log/httpd/error_log
(where /var/log/httpd/error_log is the path to your error log).

Regards,
John Drago