[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I'm using spawn_proc_prog() to run external programs from apache, but
can't find any docs on how to check the return status.  It doesn't
appear to set $?, nor have I found any reference to variables or methods
that would provide that information.

Can anybody help me with this?

Was this part of the documentation useful or did it not explain what you need?

http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/api/Apache2/SubProcess.html#C_spawn_proc_prog_

The specific problem that I'm trying to solve has to do with executing
CVS commands from within the context of Apache2.  CVS returns both
STDOUT and STDERR in response to, in this case, the rdiff command.  It
is sometimes possible to check the content of STDERR to determine the
status of a command, but the STDERR is often valid output.  I suppose
that using the -q to suppress output of nice-to-have STDERR is an option
too, but I'm looking for something more discrete.