2008/10/11 Fred Moyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Felipe de Jesús Molina Bravo wrote:
>

>         Try rebuilding apache and mod_perl - it may be trying to load a
>>        version of DbXML at runtime different than what it was built
>>        with.  I've seen similar problems in the past and rebuilding
>>        mp/httpd is usually a good fix after eliminating the duplicate
>> libs.
>>

>>    thanks ... i did it,  but the problem continue... any idea?
>>

>> maybe is important to say how  compile apache and modperl .... (it was
>> very difficult):
>>

> Can you try compiling mod_perl as a shared object?  Static module support
> for mp2 is not as well supported.
>
> perl Makefile.PL MP_APXS=/path/to/httpd/apxs

I will try it  .....

mmm.... maybe it is another thread... but I prefer static modper  for  the
next arguments:

1. I guess the static modperl is faster than dynamic .... I  know that
dynamic is more  maintainable that static;  for my aplication  i require
modperl more soon;
2. When modperl is dynamic i had some segment fault when i share objects at
the start of apache; when is static i don't have problem ... (maybe  i some
errors  in my code)

there are things that worry me:
1. In my linux distribution (gentoo) there are not any package with static
modperl
2. I see that most of the community uses modperl as dynamic ... maybe  is
it  a sign of die the static modperl?

what is the opinion of community ?

greetings