On Mon 19 Jan 2009, Adam Prime wrote:
> > I thought you could build more than one and load the one you want
> > at runtime.  Isn't that what Red Hat does?
>
> If redhat's shipping more than one mpm, they've patched httpd.

Probably not httpd. At least Suse has not. Instead they configure and
build a prefork httpd and a worker httpd one by one and then merge the
result. The apache API does not depend on the chosen MPM. So, almost
certainly you can build modules (including mod_perl) with one MPM and
use it with another.

Usually I build mod_perl against a httpd with worker MPM and TEST is
with both worker and prefork. So far I have never found something that
went bad only because of the other MPM.

Torsten

--
Need professional mod_perl support?