2009/1/23 Torsten Foertsch <torsten.foert...@gmx.net>

>  PerlSetVar CrowdAllowedGroups reader,writer
>  Require valid-user
>   <LimitExcept GET>
>    PerlSetVar CrowdAllowedGroups writer
>   </LimitExcept>

Thanks for the response Torsten, unfortunately this still exhibits the
same behaviour that I was experiencing before.
In both your example and the original each seem to behave as if you had

<Location /blah>

PerlSetVar CrowdAllowedGroups reader,writer
PerlSetVar CrowdAllowedGroups writer
Require valid-user
</Location>

as your configuration.

I guess I might have to modify the module to recognise another couple of
variables say CrowdAllowedWriteGroups and CrowdAllowedReadGroups and not
worry about the <Limit> directives as I think I'm using them in a way that
wasn't intended.

Pat