On Sun, 8 Feb 2009, Solutio at Gmail wrote:

> I wonder if there is a workaround for this without adding
> a connection filter?

Try using something like the all-in-one FilterSnoop handler
on the same page at
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/handlers/filters.html#All_in_One_Filter
- I had good results with this.  You do have to use it as a
connection output filter but so what.  Works for me.

> Another question is what the best way would be to pass on
> arguments to the filter so that we could tell it where to
> store the response?

Probably you want to implement config directives with
Apache2::Module.  Some good examples are in
Apache2::Controller::Directives (as a separate package) or
Apache2::AuthenOpenID (built into a handler package).  Also
see
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/config/custom.html#Creating_and_Using_Custom_Configuration_Directives
.

Mark