cr...@animalhead.com wrote:
I would like to thank the people on this list who helped me get
my new CPAN module IPC::MMA up and running.  Without
volunteers like those in this community, the technical world
would be a much poorer place.

If anyone would like to read the docs and/or try the module,
and send comments (probably not to the whole list), they would
be greatly appreciated.  IPC::MMA might be just what you need
for your next project.  (Current project?  Last project?)

http://search.cpan.org/~mackenna/IPC-MMA-0.52/MMA.pod

Sounds very nice.
Now, how about extending this so it would work on both Unix/Linux *and* Windows platforms, figuring out itself where it is and doing whatever is needed to use the OS mechanisms available ?

Just an old saw of mine...