eric.b...@barclayscapital.com wrote:
Carl,

I may have missed it, but did you say at what point you were seeing the
segfault?  I assume you mean at startup, but can you confirm?

Not at startup, it happens after 'a while'. It's very hard to track, and I am stumped at trying to get a core file to see where it's really breaking.

My init script (CentOS 5.2):

start() {
        echo -n $"Starting $prog: "
        ulimit -S -c unlimited >/dev/null 2>&1
        LANG=$HTTPD_LANG daemon $httpd $OPTIONS -f $conf
        RETVAL=$?
        echo
        ulimit -c
        [ $RETVAL = 0 ] && touch ${lockfile}
        return $RETVAL
}

I must be missing something, I get segfaults but no core dumps and I've finally got to do something about it.