Eric Lease Morgan wrote:

On Jul 22, 2009, at 12:05 AM, Adam Prime wrote:

By first changing my Location directive to the following:

 <Location /sandbox/semantic-web/>
   SetHandler perl-script
   PerlHandler Apache2::Alex::SemanticWeb
 </Location>

And then changing my RewriteRule to this:

  RewriteRule ^/etexts/id/(.*) /sandbox/semantic-web/?id=$1 [passthrough]

I eliminate the need to have a file on my file system.

Thank you.  oss++ * mailing_lists++

If you want, it's actually possible to take this even further and remove rewrite completely.

<Location /etexts/id/>
  SetHandler perl-script
  PerlHandler Apache2::Alex::SemanticWeb
</Location>

Then alter your handler's code to parse $r->uri and extract everything after $r->location. (or you can use $r->path_info, if the /etexts/id/ actually exists in your document root). That'll give you the same thing that rewrite is currently stuffing into your id argument.

Adam