On Thu 30 Jul 2009, Torsten Foertsch wrote:

Sorry, I hit return while one of my left hand fingers rested on the CTRL
key and the MUA interpreted this as "send mail now".

So, here comes the rest of what I wanted to say.

> On Wed 29 Jul 2009, Mike Barborak wrote:
> > is there magic to remove filters for a subdirectory or even disable
> > mod_perl altogether?
>
> A filter can remove itself on first invocation ($f->remove). It can
> also remove any filter further down the filter chain
> ($f->next->next...->remove).

So, you can write a simple filter that checks things and removes the
next filter in the chain if necessary. Then you insert this filter
right before the unwanted one.

You can also disable mod_perl for certain request phases:

http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/config/config.html#C_Perl_Handler_

or completely:

http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/config/config.html#C_Enable_

Torsten