Michiel Beijen wrote:

> I'd like to know if it's possible to build mod_perl on Win32; I'd like
> to use mod_perl with StrawberryPerl. It seems to be that the only way
> that could be done is to compile Apache also with MinGW, and that's not
> possible because of limited support for Windows Shared Memory in MinGW.

There are various flaws in the build, report them to d...@httpd or collect
them in bugzilla reports, and mind the existing reports which might already
solve your problem.

Since there is no MinGW port maintainer, this often falls apart, sorry there
is nothing we can do if a platform's community does not participate with or
engage the developers with patches.

> Also if you'd try to compile mod_perl it will try to run "./configure"
> on the Apache sources but that will fail on Win32 because 1. there is no
> Configure in the win32 Apache sources and 2. Windows will try to execute
> "." which is not exactly an executable file...
>
> Does anyone have pointers or tips?

You don't use the -win32-src package because that package is for building
on the Microsoft Windows platform.  If you want to build for a faux-unix
platform you would obtain the usual tarball.