On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 6:43 AM, <cr...@animalhead.com> wrote:
> I'm tentatively convinced it's worth contributing, but you're welcome
> to tell me why it's not.

I think that setting a very short Keep-Alive timeout would be almost
as good.  More importantly, you shouldn't serve any static files from
mod_perl.  You should serve those from a proxy instead.

However, I don't see any problem with releasing your code.  It's an
interesting idea and shows a novel use of IPC::MMA.

> •       The plan is to use Module::Build and Apache::Test.
>        What else or something different?

Those are fine.

> •       Is something as specialized as this worth including in the
>        GP Perl libraries? Or is it better to just ask where the
>        mod_perl2 library is?

What's GP Perl?

> In addition to where to put the module itself, it needs a place to
> put a companion DB-building app and a place for the resulting DB.
> These are not standard features of a module installation.
> Probably I just ask the user where they should go?
> If so, how do I use the answers?

You can ask on the module authors list, but I think you'll find some
examples of modules with executable scripts if you poke around CPAN a
little.  LWP comes with some.

- Perrin