On Aug 26, 2009, at 9:05 AM, Perrin Harkins wrote:

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 11:41 AM, <cr...@animalhead.com> wrote:
The general purpose Perl library is headed at /usr/local/lib/perl5
on my system.  What I was asking is whether there's any reason
to put Apache2::CloseKeepAlive in it, being as it's so specialized,
or just copy it to a mod_perl2-specific library (/usr/local/ apache2/plib on my system). Maybe the latter if the user says such a thing exists,
else the former?

You don't get to choose that.  You just do a standard Module::Build
distribution, and if people want to install your module somewhere
outside of the site_lib, they specify that at install time.

- Perrin

How does one specify that?  It sounds like esoteric knowledge that
only a few users will know, and I'd like to empower people not to
clog up their GP Perl library with a module that can be used in
exactly one place.