Hi Randal, nice to see you. Your suggestion is where I am coming FROM: right
now the cookie is only a key into the mysql table which holds session data.

What I want  is to stop using that table altogether and let the browser hold
the information, in a manner that is straightforward, flexible and secure.

Igor