>>>>> "Igor" == Igor Chudov <ichu...@gmail.com> writes:

Igor> In my case, in almost all instances, the only thing I would want to
Igor> store is authenticated userid.

The problem with that is public web browsers.  You *cannot* ensure the
expiration of an auth cookie, so you'll have to have some sort of server-side
data to say "this user most recently authenticated at this time, so I still
trust him".

And once you've done that, why store *any* auth client side?  Just brand the
browser, as my article says.

<mer...@stonehenge.com> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>