On Nov 10, 2009, at 9:19 AM, Kulasekaran, Raja wrote:

> I'm using Apache::DBI and DBI->connect (persistence connection)
>
> So, Do I need to call $dbh->disconnect() for each child to close the
> connection ?

No, because Apache::DBI turns it into a no-op.

Apache::DBI is a very weird beast, with unanticipated action-at-a-distance
issues that crop up here and there. It's crazy stuff like this that led me to
abandon it -- at first for DBI->connect_cached (though I had to do some extra
work to make sure it was safe), and more recently for DBIx::Connector, which
does that extra work for me.

Can you see what PIDs MySQL is accepting connections from? Are they the same as
currently-running Apache processes? Or are (some of them) from dead Apache
child processes?

Best,

David