From: André Warnier [mailto:a...@ice-sa.com]
Sent: 23. november 2009 09:46
To: mod_perl list
Subject: Re: AW: print throwing intermittent Segfaults

Denis Banovic wrote:
> Hi Willian,
>
> Thanks for your checklist, I've run through it, segfaults still there...
> Right now it takes less then a minute from apache restart to the first
> segfault.
> This is from the error_log from the RedHat 5 Production machine:
>
> Apache2::RequestIO::print: (103) Software caused connection abort at
>
> The guys from rackspace are saying that I should recompile all my perl
> modules installed directly from CPAN ( see above ) , do you think this would
> help?
> Or has someone another hint?

Just my grain of salt : in my own experience, 99% of the "segfault"
cases I have encountered, was when Apache or Perl tried to run a piece
of code not meant for this machine (such as a library meant for another
machine or another OS version).
Maybe one of the modules you are using installed a wrong library ?
In that sense, the guys from rackspace may be right, although I believe
that the CPAN modules don't generally contain object-code libraries, or
else they do compile them at installation.
So maybe it is a library from the RHEL repository which is wrong.