>>>>> "Tosh" == Tosh Cooey <t...@1200group.com> writes:

Tosh> I want to setup an application for multiple clients, each of whom have
their
Tosh> own users.

Tosh> http://www.site.com/clientA/application.pl
Tosh> http://www.site.com/clientB/application.pl
Tosh> http://www.site.com/clientX/application.pl

Just an aside, but

(a) can your clients load their own code onto the server without you
    intervening, and if so
(b) do all of your clients *absolutely* trust each other?

I'm saying this because I'm not sure if you realize that the trust domain for
mod_perl is the entire server.  If I can upload code to the same server you're
using, I can mess up your day, pretty bad, because the Perl interpreters are
necessarily shared.

For example, I can patch the loaded CGI.pm so that if it sees your code and a
secret extra parameter, it automatically gives me complete access to your
data.

This is why there are no "shared hosting" plans for mod_perl that don't
require running completely separate clusters of apache servers.  There's
nothing like "su-exec" for mod_perl - it's not even possible.

<mer...@stonehenge.com> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>