On 01/25/2010 02:12 PM, Tosh Cooey wrote:

Just to make things stranger, after I make a fork and things don't
happen the way I expect them, subsequent calls to other programs running
under mod_perl are generating Segmentation Faults. This could be due to
the fact that the server is running in Europe and the SQL server in
North America. I would really love to hear that this can cause
segmentation faults because otherwise I have no idea where they are
coming from

This wouldn't cause segmentation faults. Network delays and timeouts yes, but not segmentation faults.

But the overriding rule is that you can't use database handles opened before a fork in the child processes after the fork. You need to close those handles and reopen them.

--
Michael Peters
Plus Three, LP