Perrin Harkins wrote:
On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 2:41 PM, Tosh Cooey <t...@1200group.com> wrote:
Just to follow up on this before anyone spends any time caring about it, the
seg faults could also be because one of the zombie apache2 processes I've
spawned like a Gremlin is answering the request and well...

I don't think so.  That's not how apache works.

So, if I've done the fork properly and pretend I have apache PIDs 1..10
running, and the child is 11 and it does it's thing and hits CORE::exit(0)
should that process then die?

Yes.

Here's some advice about using DBI with forking:
http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=752289

Thanks Perrin, the forking, my child got a PID of 30033 and then afterwards when I checked the processes (ps) for 30033 I see:

[apache2] <defunct>

Is that what's supposed to happen?

That PM thread seems to indicate that I must disconnect every DBH, not just the ones that I will use. That's correct? It seems counterintuitive to disconnect all DBHs. Are you also suggesting the use of Parallel::ForkManager for forks?

I hope at least I have the forking properly working so I can concentrate on the DBI issue...

Tosh

--
McIntosh Cooey - Twelve Hundred Group LLC - http://www.1200group.com/