Hi,

> After adding a lot of logging to our logs, we discovered that the Apache
> request object will have the correct information, but the CGI object never
> seems to get the global values reset, so is always has the query_string of
> the request where things started to go wrong.  The process will continue to
> get and respond to requests, but the CGI object’s query_string never
> changes, so the user either gets no information or the wrong information.

This can happen when you do an internal redirect, which does not
trigger a cleanup.

Some options:
- Use something else instead of CGI.pm.  Apache::Request is one possibility.
- Put in a call to initialize_globals() in an early phase, like
FixupHandler, so you know it has been run.

If the process seems to become broken and always serve the wrong pages
after a certain point, you may have something else wrong, like a
variable scoping issue.

- Perrin