On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 9:46 AM, Szekeres, Edward
<edward.szeke...@perkinelmer.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your reply....clarifications

For what it is worth, I'd suggest building mp2 as a shared object;
this approach is very well tested.  You may be able to build as a
static module, but that can take some additional effort, and that
build option is not as widely tested.

Building as a dso is simple - 'perl Makefile.PL
MP_APXS=/usr/local/bin/apxs', or just 'perl Makefile.PL' if your apxs
is in $ENV{PATH}.  This requires that you build Apache outside the
mod_perl build, but for that I usually './configure --enable-so
--with-included-apr --prefix=/path/to/my/apache'.