On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 1:13 PM, Perrin Harkins <per...@elem.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 4:07 PM, David E. Wheeler <da...@kineticode.com>
> wrote:
>> Whatever old man!
>
> I know, it's just a reality of working on applications that have been
> around for years.  These tools are so reliable that they tend to stick
> around.  If I started something new I would probably use Plack, since
> I've enjoyed using similar stuff in Python.

Maybe I'm not completely grokking how people are starting new projects
using Plack, but it seems like the way to go is to not use Plack
itself to write the code, but to use one of the many web frameworks
(Mason2, Catalyst, Mojolicious) and then use Plack to specify what
webserver is used.  Plack is just middleware.

There is a Mason handler for Plack, so it almost seems like you could
migrate your existing application to the Plack middleware stack while
changing little in your Mason codebase.

I see the role of mod_perl2 going forward as not something that
applications are written on, but something that webserver middleware
interfaces with.