From:   Fred Moyer <f...@redhotpenguin.com>
To:     mod_perl list <modperl@perl.apache.org>
Date:   16/06/2011 02:01 PM
Subject:        How do you use mod_perl for your web application?

I'm interested in hearing about what application frameworks (Catalyst,
CGI::App, Mojolicious) are used here with mod_perl.  Given the number
of emerging Perl based webservers on CPAN (in addition to Nginx,
lighty, etc), it seems like there are many more Perl web application
and webservers out there now than there were five years ago.

I'll start.  I have a couple of Apache::Dispatch based applications I
wrote.  I also work on an Apache::ASP large codebase, and a couple of
different Catalyst based systems.  All are running on mod_perl 2.0.4
in production (the ops haven't upgraded to 2.0.5 yet).

If I were to migrate, I would probably try out something like
Mojolicious on Plack on mod_perl2.  Performance of mod_perl2 has never
been an issue to date, but I have Perlbal doing connection handling as
a reverse proxy.

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

This message is intended solely for the individual(s) and entity(s) addressed.
It is confidential and may contain legally privileged information. The use,
copying or distribution of this
message or any information it contains, by anyone other than the addressee, is
prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify
postmas...@orica.com. The mailbox address
from which this message has been sent is for business mail only. Mail sent to
it may be subject to security scanning and delivery on non-business messages
sent to this address may not occur.
Thank you.