On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 5:39 AM, William Bulley <w...@umich.edu> wrote:
> According to Fred Moyer <f...@redhotpenguin.com> on Tue, 06/28/11 at 16:50:
>> >
>> > Some in this thread :
>> >
>> > http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/modperl/modperl/103167
>>
>> The problem here didn't appear to be 5.14 compatibility, more an issue
>> of an inexperienced user trying to setup the latest version of
>> httpd/perl/mod_perl.  No specific 5.14 incompatibilities were
>> identified.
>
> I am a bit surprised by your summary of my problem.  I have been a
> user of FreeBSD since 1996 and have found the FreeBSD ports system
> to be an excellent resource and advantage to the UNIX world.

My apologizes, I didn't mean to imply that you were inexperienced
overall, but it seemed like you didn't have much experience with
setting up mod_perl apps, specifically with startup.pl.  Or whomever
built the app you were installing didn't put the startup.pl program
together like it is recommended in the docs.

It looked like we kind of lost the 2.0.6-dev/5.14 aspect of that
thread too, and after running 5.14 with 2.0.6 for a month or so now, I
haven't run into any compatibility issues there.