On 28/11/11 03:26 PM, André Warnier wrote:
Vincent Veyron wrote:

Snip ........

That is why I was suggesting multiple<VirtualHost>  sections.

Snip ...

This way, you can give each customer its own "special things" whenever they
want, without
interfering with your perl modules (or the other customer sites).

This is what we do. The VirtualHosts section of httpd.conf is generated from
the same database that generates the customer sites.

We let each site control it's own users but it would be trivial to implement
a single "portal" login for all sites. Accept user/password and redirect
to the desired site.

But then, you can give each one its own "/images" alias, pointing to a
directory with its
own logo, and its own "/css" alias, pointing to its own stylesheets etc..

You have to do it this way, otherwise you will end up in a maintenance
nightmare.

The only common directory we have is the perl code tree. All other files are
unique
to the client including the Template Toolkit files (are they perl or ..?  :)

HTH
Dave

--
Dave Morgan
Operations Manager, Cool Places In Canada