It may be nothing, but I spent 2 months (off and on) with a crashing
mod_perl/Apache to discover that in my case it was the DateTime that was
the cause.

Hans (on the list) confirmed this and said "The latest DateTime and
DateTime-TimeZone modules that work with mod_perl are DateTime 0.70 and
DateTime-TimeZone 1.34."

The root cause appears to be the Params::Classify module which loads
Classify.dll - it is Classify.dll that is the problem. SInce P::C has a
pure Perl implementation as well as the dll, I simplex moved the dll, and
everything started working consistently.  Hans reverted to the earlier
DateTime, which worked for him.

It may be totally unrelated to your problem, but I had many
varying symptoms depending on configuration etc, and some of the errors
gave no hint as to the problem being in Classify.dll.

HTH :)