Hi,

I'm trying to have a form submission package up the results in a xls file
and then start the download for the user as well as present a page where
they can click on the file if the download has not already automatically
started.

I can do each separately but not both together, I have something like this:

... Make up our xls file download and put it in $output

$r->content_type('application/xls');

$r->err_headers_out->add('Content-Disposition' => 'attachment; filename="' .
$download_name . '"');

$r->print($output);

$content->param('set some html template vars....');

$r->content_type('text/html');

print $content->output;

When I due the above, then I get prompted for the download but that is it, I
never get the page. Even if I reverse the order and try to do the page
first:

$r->content_type('text/html');

print $content->output;

$r->content_type('application/xls');

$r->err_headers_out->add('Content-Disposition' => 'attachment; filename="' .
$download_name . '"');

$r->print($output);

$content->param('set some html template vars....');

That still doesn't work. Probably not a mod_perl specific question but I'm
hoping someone can shed some light

TIA!

-Chris