From: Jim Schueler [mailto:jschue...@eloquency.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 2:28 PM
To: Chris Faust
Cc: modperl@perl.apache.org
Subject: RE: Download then display page

Yes, that's what I have in mind.  I only occassionally write headers.
But I envision something similar to what you've got below:

  $redirect = ... ;     ## URL to the spreadsheet

  $r->content_type('text/html') ;
  $r->headers_out->set( Location => $redirect ) ;
  $r->send_http_header ;

  $r->print( $content->output ) ;
  return Apache2::Const::REDIRECT ;

Originally, I wondered about using a "multipart/mixed" response type.
I've never heard that any browser supports such a thing.  Although that
seems like a more elegant solution.

 -Jim