>>>>> "André" == André Warnier <a...@ice-sa.com> writes:

André> The methodology I follow is as follows :

André> 1) all html <form> pages of the applications should have a tag like :
André> <meta content-type="text/html; charset=.....">
André> 2) all <forms> in the page should have the attributes
André> enctype="application/form-data"
André> accept-charset="....." (the same as above)

I've pretty much got success with CGI (and CGI.pm) doing the things I
listed above.  So this isn't needed.  I'm not having problems with the
browser, Apache, or Perl, or RDBO, or Postgresql.  (Even that took a bit
of work to get working, and so I think none of those are the issue.)

What I need to know is what is mod_perl doing differently?  Does it not
respect binmode STDIN, ":utf8"?  Apparently not.  So if you know of a
way to get mod_perl to "fix" reading from the browser properly, I'm
interested in that.

<mer...@stonehenge.com> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>
Perl/Unix consulting, Technical writing, Comedy, etc. etc.
Still trying to think of something clever for the fourth line of this .sig