Am 15.02.2015 um 19:08 schrieb Steve Hay:

If you want 32-bit then the easiest way is to build it yourself using
a perl that you built yourself with the same compiler.

Is there a recommended compiler? I use Strawberry perl, do you know
which compiler is used for that perl? As you say, it would be better to
use the same. And I would like to stick to it because there are so many
binaries of difficult modules already included.

Unfortunately you'll need to use VC++ for now because mod_perl doesn't
currently support gcc/dmake (which is what both StrawberryPerl and
ActivePerl now use). I hope to fix that soon, though...

I tried it and made some progress but am not there yet...

Here is what I did (everything within a clean Windows 7 32 bit VM with VC9, both with SP1 and all updates installed):
1. Compile perl 5.20.1
2. add APXS to Apache 2.2.29 (tried both self compiled and Apache Lounge VC9 binary)
3. Compile and install mod_perl with/to the perl from step 1.
4. Start Apache with mod_perl -> works

but from there on I got into problems...

5. extract a fresh Strawberry Perl 5.20.1 32-bit portable
6. copy everything relevant(?) according to the file list of Steve's 5.16.3 32-bit package from the self-compiled Perl to the Strawberry tree.
7. change PATH to point to Strawberry perl
8. Start Apache with mod_perl -> crashes

Now I have a somewhat working mod_perl but cannot use it in my environment (and there are good reasons to use Stawberry).

Please, can you give a detailed recipe, especially with the steps necessary to transfer the compiled mod_perl stuff to Strawberry?

Of course, I will make the result available, once it is working and I can do the same for 5.18 as requested by André.

-Michael