I know that it's possible(and arguably best practice) to use Apache to
download large files efficiently and quickly, without passing them through
mod_perl. However, the data I need to download from my application is both
dynamically generated and sensitive so I cannot expose it to the internet
for anonymous download via Apache. So, I'm wondering if mod_perl has a
capability similar to the output stream of a java servlet. Specifically, I
want to return bits and pieces of the file at a time over the wire so that
I can avoid loading the entire file into memory prior to sending it to the
browser. Currently, I'm loading the entire file into memory before sending
it and

Is this possible with mod_perl and, if so, how should I go about
implementing it?

--
John Dunlap
*CTO | Lariat *