Michel, if you go into your browser's network debugging console(usually
CTRL+SHIFT+I in modern browsers) and look at the response headers for the
ajax request, do you see a cache-control header? If so, what does it say?
If you're seeing something similar to the following:

Cache-control:no-cache

then $r->no_cache(1) is working and the problem lies elsewhere in your
application.

Cheers!
John

--