I might be hijacking this... Sorry, but...I recently used the Perl eval
function to determine if a ldap search returned a error or not. Basically,
a user's record has a attribute that points to a assistant, and If that
assistant no longer exists the app was throwing a error since it executed a
ldap call to that assistant's record. So I used eval to check if the error
was returned, and if so, skipped the function where it tied searched the
assistant record in ldap.  Is this the same eval scenario you described
which has a security whole?

I was just reading everyone's reply and now I am worried I created a
security hole.

Thanks

--
Hiram Gibbard