So when we say "from the internet" does that include intranet?  What I have
is a form that lists all the members of a group defined in LDAP. The call
to get the members for the group is all internal and our companies internal
ldap server. is that considered "from internet". I didn't write this app,
just trying to make adjustments. Currently if you hit a member of the group
that has been terminated/removed from ldap, the app errors out because the
its it a member of the group in which its trying to execute a look on while
listing.

my %member_hash;
my $member_hash;
my $member_Co;
foreach (@memb) {
        # Fetch entry.

        my $entry2 = $m->comp("/widgets/ldap/dn2entry.mpl",
            ldap => $ldap,
            dn   => $_,
            opts => {control => $control}, # Important!
        );

        $member_Co =  $entry2->get_value('company');

 }

1. Is it a security issue to wrap $entry2 code in a eval { } statement?
2. I'm thinking there is a better way to do this because (code wise)
becuase ever since i put the eval {} in place (in dev env), groups with
thousands of members takes a very long time to display.

here is the code for dn2entry.mpl:

--
Hiram Gibbard
hgibb...@gmail.com