Something similar happened to us when we attempted to upgrade from Debian 7
to Debian 8. Seemingly random core dumps were wreaking havoc in our
production environment. At the time, I posted the dumps here but we never
did find a solution and we were forced to fall back to Debian 7, which is
where we're still at. I'm kinda hoping that the problem will have been
fixed in Debian 9 because, if it hasn't, we'll effectively be trapped on
Debian 7.

--
John Dunlap
*CTO | Lariat *