On 30.07.2018 03:51, Paul B. Henson wrote:
On Sun, Jul 29, 2018 at 04:18:54PM -0400, Paul Silevitch wrote:
Like Dr. James Smith, I'm hooking into multiple handlers and using filters.

Yep, me too; Plack is really not a feature equivilent replacement for
mod_perl :(.

+1.
Plack and other frameworks (TT2, Moose, Catalyst, etc.) cover the web application side, at different levels and in different ways. But there is (to my knowledge) no equivalent for mod_perl's ability to interact deeply with the Apache internal Request processing logic. In that respect, comparing mod_perl to Plack etc is like comparing apples to pears : not very relevant. Considering that, for better or worse, Perl as a programming language does not seem to be really attractive to the current generation of software developers anymore, I would not really mind if some tool equivalent to mod_perl was developed using whichever other scripting language is currently more in fashion (javascript ? python ? ..), but it really seems a pity to "slowly abandon" mod_perl without providing some tool of equivalent power in terms of deep interaction with Apache httpd.